If you’re having a bad day, your remedy might just be some inspirational movie quotes to get you out of your funk and into action-mode!
We all love a good tear jerking, heart warming, feel-good movie now and again. It’s even better when there are some memorable quotes in there that you would have loved to grab a paper and pen, paused the movie and written them down.
But that’s not particularly realistic
So I’ve put together 12 of the most notable inspirational movie quotes ever said.
Did you get to watch all 5 movies from the “Rocky” series? If not, please do yourself a favour and watch them. Yes, every one. Sylvester Stalone ‘s Rocky series gave people hope, inspiration and motivated the masses. These movies had some of the best and most inspirational quotes ever!
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
1 “Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done!” – Rocky Balboa
2. “Going in one more round when you don’t think you can. That’s what makes all the difference in your life.” – Rocky Balboa
3. “Because if you’re willing to go through all the battling you got to go through to get where you want to get, who’s got the right to stop you? I mean maybe some of you guys got something you never finished, something you really want to do, something you never said to someone, something… and you’re told no, even after you paid your dues? Who’s got the right to tell you that, who? Nobody! It’s your right to listen to your gut, it ain’t nobody’s right to say no after you earned the right to be where you want to be and do what you want to do!” – Rocky Balboa
4. “I believe there’s an inner power that makes winners or losers. And the winners are the ones who really listen to the truth of their hearts.” – Rocky Balboa
Another movie I truly loved was Coach Carter.
There was an unforgettable line that one of the characters, Timo Cruz said, which was a quote from Marianne Williamson’s “A Return To Love” and it is the fifth inspirational movie quote in this article. The clip is below and the quote starts at mark 0:39
Coach Carter movie clips: http://j.mp/1uycoKk BUY THE MOVIE: http://j.mp/Ke1srG Don’t miss the HOTTEST NEW TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/1u2y6pr CLIP DESCRIPTION: The team recommits to improving their grades while Timo (Rick Gonzalez) eloquently expresses his thanks to Coach Carter (Samuel L. Jackson).
5. “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It’s not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” – Timo Cruz
“Erin Brokovich” is a movie I can watch over a thousand times, and Julia Roberts did a fantastic job playing the lead actress.
For those of you who haven’t watched it yet, it is about a woman who is unemployed with kids, and becomes a legal assistant in a small firm. They come about a case about a big power company based in California that is being accused of polluting the water supply in the city of Hinkley.
Erin goes full throttle into making sure that this giant company, Pacific Gas and Electric Coma (PG & E) is accountable for the medical devastation they have caused and that the citizens affected are compensated for it.
Here’s a beautiful clip of Julia Robert’s character Erin in action. This level of devotion can only inspire you!
Erin Brockovich movie clips: http://j.mp/1J8Em22 BUY THE MOVIE: http://amzn.to/vIXLPp Don’t miss the HOTTEST NEW TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/1u2y6pr CLIP DESCRIPTION: Feeling that Ed (Albert Finney) is trying to finish the case without her, Erin (Julia Roberts) gives him a piece of her mind.
6. Ed Masry: You’re emotional, you’re erratic. You say anything, you make this personal, and it isn’t.
Erin Brokovich: NOT PERSONAL! That is my WORK, my SWEAT, and MY TIME AWAY FROM MY KIDS! IF THAT IS NOT PERSONAL, I DON’T KNOW WHAT IS!
This next movie is another inspirational movie quotes quotable!
Will Smith does a fantastic job playing Chris Gardner, a man with a young son, homeless, working at a law firm as an intern with no pay, trying to keep his and his son’s head above water as they face each day basically trying to survive!
In this movie, Chris Gardner tells his son one of the most memorable quotes in the movie. Check it out below:
The Pursuit of Happyness movie clips: http://j.mp/1uunOyH BUY THE MOVIE: http://bit.ly/2hOEdLQ BUY ON CRACKLE: http://bit.ly/2dqfJ6F Don’t miss the HOTTEST NEW TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/1u2y6pr CLIP DESCRIPTION: After moving Christopher (Jaden Smith) into his new apartment, Chris (Will Smith) shoots hoops with his son and gives him important life lessons on protecting his dreams and aspirations.
7. “Hey. Don’t ever let somebody tell you… You can’t do something. Not even me. Alright? You got a dream… You gotta protect it. People can’t do something’ themselves, they wanna tell you you can’t do it. If you want something’, go get it. Period.” – Chris Gardner
The next beautifully inspirational movie is Forrest Gump.
Forrest, played impeccably by Tom Hanks isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed, and even though he loses his mother as a young adult and the love of his life eludes him through a significant part of it, life rewards him with serendipitous good luck. He lives his life, blissfully unaware of the good fortune that keeps coming into his life. I will always remember this movie for the beautiful quotes he would narrate that came from his mother. That’s why this is my 8th selection in my 25 inspirational movie quotes.
In this clip, Forrest is having what looks like his last conversation with his beloved mother. In this scene, she tells Forrest one of the most famous quotes in movie history:
Forrest Gump movie clips: http://j.mp/1JbUY9j BUY THE MOVIE: http://amzn.to/uu7WJe Don’t miss the HOTTEST NEW TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/1u2y6pr CLIP DESCRIPTION: Mrs. Gump (Sally Field) passes away. FILM DESCRIPTION: “Stupid is as stupid does,” says Forrest Gump (played by Tom Hanks in an Oscar-winning performance) as he discusses his relative level of intelligence with a stranger while waiting for a bus.
8. “Life is like a box of chocolates… you never know what you’re gonna get” – Mama
9. “I happen to believe you make your own destiny. You have to do the best with what God gave you.” – Mama
10. “Don’t you be afraid, sweetheart. Death is just a part of life… somethin’ we are all destined to do.” – Mama
My next fantastic movie is Shawshank Redemption.
If you haven’t watched it, please, please do!! When Andy played by Tim Robbins makes his ingenius escape from prison, his best friend Red remembers him, and as is narrated in this scene, he says a pretty remarkable, bitter sweet quote:
The “I guess I just miss my friend” scene.
11. “Some birds are not meant to be caged, that’s all. Their feathers are too bright, their songs too sweet and wild. So you let them go, or when you open the cage to feed them they somehow fly out past you. And the part of you that knows it was wrong to imprison them in the first place rejoices, but still, the place where you live is that much more drab and empty for their departure.”
The Blind Side is my next and last movie of choice.
It is a true story about Leigh Anne Tuohy, played by the wonderful Sandra Bullock, who forms an unlikely friendship with Michael, an African American teenage boy, large in physical stature, with a troubled past.
Leigh Anne and her family, upon finding him wandering the streets in the pouring rain one evening, take him in and provide him a much needed home.
Slowly, Michael breaks down his emotional walls, learns to trust his new family, and they form an incredible bond. While this is happening, Leigh Anne realises that Michael is a gifted football athlete.
There is this noteworthy scene in the movie, where Leigh Anne is having lunch with her friends, who are trying to get their heads around this unusual relationship she has with Michael.
The Blind Side movie clips: http://j.mp/1uyrBLq BUY THE MOVIE: http://amzn.to/rup79q Don’t miss the HOTTEST NEW TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/1u2y6pr CLIP DESCRIPTION: Leigh’s (Sandra Bullock) friends heckle her over lunch for bringing Mike into her home.
12. Friend: I think what you are doing is so great, to open up your home to him. Honey you are changing that boy’s life.
Leigh Anne Tuohy: No,he is changing my life.
I hope you enjoyed this selection!
Do you have any inspirational movie quotes you’d like to share! Go ahead and comment below!