If you want to create a new reality, a new life, you would have to change your personality, which means you'd have to start thinking about what you've been thinking about and change it. You would have to become aware of your unconscious habits and behaviors and even what you say, and modify them.
Dr. Joe Dispenza is one of those individuals whose work you'd have to truly resonate with to understand.
As an author of books like "You Are The Placebo", "Becoming Supernatural" and my all time favorite "Breaking The Habit of Being Yourself", he breaks down how our continuous thinking and feeling patterns over time have kept us stuck in a reality that we have unknowingly embedded in our personality.
According to Dr. Dispenza, the only way to change these patterns is to change your personality.
You're probably thinking "jeez, that's kinda extreme, isn't it? Is it even possible?"
Yes, it is absolutely possible.
How many times in your life have you spoken about someone, a friend, a colleague and you've lamented "She's completely change. I can barely recognize her anymore."
Whether that statement is negative or positive, there must have been some ongoing thoughts and feelings this individual was programming in herself that she ended up believing so strongly in, that they became her personality.
Now this can work either way.
You can develop a personality for better, or for worse.
Dr. Joe Dispenza just so happens in the idea of changing yourself, your habits and behaviors to become your ultimate self.
And I am so here for that!
Here are 40 quotes by Joe Dispenza that re-iterate his work.
1. “Can you accept the notion that once you change your internal state, you don’t need the external world to provide you with a reason to feel joy, gratitude, appreciation, or any other elevated emotion?”
2. “If you want a new outcome, you will have to break the habit of being yourself, and reinvent a new self.”
3. “Think of it this way: the input remains the same, so the output has to remain the same. How, then, can you ever create anything new?”
4. “The point is, true happiness has nothing to do with pleasure, because the reliance on feeling good from such intensely stimulating things only moves us further from real joy.”
5. “we’re addicted to our beliefs; we’re addicted to the emotions of our past. We see our beliefs as truths, not ideas that we can change. If we have very strong beliefs about something, evidence to the contrary could be sitting right in front of us, but we may not see it because what we perceive is entirely different. We’ve in fact conditioned ourselves to believe all sorts of things that aren’t necessarily true—and many of these things are having a negative impact on our health and happiness. Certain cultural beliefs”
6. “The only way we can change our lives is to change our energy — to change the electromagnetic field we are constantly broadcasting. In other words, to change our state of being, we have to change how we think and how we feel.”
7. “A new state of being creates a new personality … a new personality produces a new personal reality. How will you know whether this meditative practice has activated your three brains to produce the intended effect? Simple: you will feel different as a result of investing in the process.”
8. “Change as a Choice, Instead of a Reaction”
9. “Consider creating several Mind Movies—one for health and wellness, for example, and another for romance, relationships, and wealth.”
10. “Just as thoughts are the language of the brain, feelings are the language of the body. And how you think and how you feel create a state of being.”
11. “Are we more likely to suffer from arthritis, stiff joints, poor memory, flagging energy, and decreased sex drive as we age, simply because that’s the version of the truth that ads, commercials, television shows, and media reports bombard us with? What other self-fulfilling prophecies are we creating in our minds without being aware of what we’re doing? And what “inevitable truths” can we successfully reverse simply through thinking new thoughts and choosing new beliefs?
12. “To Change, Be Greater Than
Your Environment, Your Body, and Time”
13. “If you can’t get beyond your stresses, your problems, and your pain, you can’t create a new future where those things don’t exist.”
14. “It makes sense that we should concentrate not merely on avoiding negative emotions, like fear and anger, but also on consciously cultivating heartfelt, positive emotions, such as gratitude, joy, excitement, enthusiasm, fascination, awe, inspiration, wonder, trust, appreciation, kindness, compassion, and empowerment, to give us every advantage in maximizing our health.”
15. “We usually give thanks for things when they've already happened. So in a sense, we've been hypnotized and conditioned into believing that we need a reason for joy, that we need a reason for gratitude.”
16. “By intentionally choosing to feel the elevated emotions of the heart rather than waiting for something outside of yourself to elicit those emotions, you become who you are truly meant to be—a heart-empowered individual.”
17. “We can’t create a new future while we’re living in our past. It’s simply impossible.”
18. “If you focus on the known, you get the known. If you focus on the unknown, you create a possibility.”
19. “We are creatures of habit. We think somewhere between 60,000 to 70,000 thoughts in one day, and 90 percent of those thoughts are exactly the same ones we had the day before.”
20. “You must feel a new energy . . . to become some thing greater than your body, your environment, and time . . . so that you have dominion over your body, your environment, and time. . . . Become a thought that affects matter. . . .”
21. “Does the brain see or do the eyes see? If the brain sees, then we can only perceive reality based on what we have wired into our brain.”
22. “What we’re conditioned to believe about ourselves, and what we’re programmed to think other people think about us, affects our performance, including how successful we are.”
23. “When you chose to prove to yourself how powerful you really are, you have no idea who you will be helping in the future.”
24. “Your personality is made up of how you think, act, and feel. It is your state of being. Therefore, your same thoughts, actions, and feelings will keep you enslaved to the same past personal reality. However, when you as a personality embrace new thoughts, actions, and feelings, you will inevitably create a new personal reality in your future.”
25. “When you think from your past memories, you can only create past experiences.”
26. “Where you place your attention is where you place your energy. Once you fix your attention or your awareness or your mind on possibility, you place your energy there as well. As a result, you’re affecting matter with your attention or observation. The placebo effect is not fantasy, then; it’s quantum reality. Energy”
27. “Combine a clear intention with an uncompromising trust in possibility, then you’ll step into the unknown, and that’s when the supernatural starts to unfold. I think that you and I are at our best when we’re in this state of being.”
28. “Meditation takes us from survival to creation; from separation to connection; from imbalance to balance; from emergency mode to growth-and-repair mode; and from the limiting emotions of fear, anger, and sadness to the expansive emotions of joy, freedom, and love.”
29. “if you were to start investing your attention and energy into the unknown, your body would then be able to follow your mind into the unknown—a new experience in your future.”
30. “If we cannot think beyond how we emotionally feel, then we are living according to what the environment dictates to our body. Rather than truly thinking, innovating, and creating, we merely fire the synaptic memories in other areas of our brain from our genetic or personal past; we instigate the same repetitive chemical reactions that have us living in survival mode.”
31. “What beliefs and perceptions about you and your life have you been unconsciously agreeing to that you’d have to change in order to create this new state of being?”
32. “You must become conscious of the unconscious behaviors you’ve been choosing to demonstrate that have led to the same experiences, and then you must make new choices, take new actions, and create new experiences.”
33. “Change Your Mind, Change Your Life”
34. “Personal change takes an intentional act of will, and it usually means that something was making us uncomfortable enough to want to do things differently. To evolve is to overcome the conditions in our life by changing something about ourselves.
35. “There is an infinite field of energy that exists beyond our present concept of space and time, which unites all of us.”
36. “And now, surrender your creation to a greater mind . . . for what you think and experience in this realm of possibility . . . if it is truly felt . . . it will manifest in some future time . . . from waves of possibilities to particles in reality . . . from the immaterial to the material . . . from thought to energy into matter. . . .”
37. “Beliefs and perceptions are subconscious states of being. They start with thoughts and feelings that you think and feel over and over, until they ultimately become habituated or automatic—at which point they form an attitude.”
38. “When you know that you know “how” to do something, you’re on your way to mastering it.”
39. “When compassion becomes unconditionally ordinary and familiar for you, you have progressed from knowledge to experience to wisdom.”
40. “When you’re truly focused on an intention for some future outcome, if you can make inner thought more real than the outer environment during the process, the brain won’t know the difference between the two. Then your body, as the unconscious mind, will begin to experience the new future event in the present moment. You’ll signal new genes, in new ways, to prepare for this imagined future event.”